Friday, February 09, 2007

Oh **it its friday already

Doing stuff for a blog is a strange thing. I keep meaning to write things down each day (and there is lots to tell), but somehow keep forgetting (or is that making excuses). Slightly ironic considering what my job is, but I find writing for public consumption really quite daunting!
I was having a chat with David (who keeps trying to get me to give away stuff to members of the club) about the website and the need for updating it and he is under the impression that I need to write too and that his stuff is not enough on its own! I think his tone is great - however have agreed when he started to give advice that I am usually the giver of rather than the taker.
"Do not think about what you are writing, but write something everyday. Spend 20 mins writing and 5 looking through and editing it after. It does not matter if most of what you have written is deleted. Some will be there and the more you do it the easier it gets."
So further proof of being a great teacher, crap student I think!
Anyway here I am, minutes after the chat and nearly taking heed of the medicine. However, rather than writing in a word processor package and spending 5 mins editing at the end (as I and David advise), I am posting straight to the blog. Am sure that it is because doing it this way, I have an excuse for it not being very good. What is that about!
I had been aware when hearing about and reading stuff in the news this week of using it as part of what I can write. Proof is that despite it being Friday already, I still have notes about a couple of stories I read a while ago (when he first started telling me I had to write!) that I thought would be of interest for those who had not heard them.
Anyway excuse me if it is old, but...
A man lost his wife in a game of Poker! It happened in Russia - his wife was so annoyed at his audacity that she actually left him for the person who won her!
Another was about a Chinese man who had to have his contact lenses surgically removed after he had left them in 24/7 for a year!
Anyway - enough for now. If I do too much then it will feel like too much of a hurdle and if I take my own medcine, when trying to change habits, do it in bite sizes otherwise you will end up not doing it.
As they say the proof will be in the pudding - lets just wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home