Thursday, February 01, 2007

Good Morning Afghanistan

It never ceases to amaze me how exciting it is when a new book comes out. Without fail, I am convinced that there will not be a single person in the world that will be able to do without it.

Last week, we took delivery of our latest gem and even though I say it myself, it looks GREAT. For a few weeks after such a delivery I walk around wanting to hug people and have a tingling excitment in my tummy - almost like I want to thank them for their inevitable support.

I had been out of the office and Toby had been ill. The books were due to arrive on the thursday and Waseem, the author, and his wife Farah and Pedro (from Fnik PR) who is handling the publicity were due in on friday to pick up copies. I arrived back in the office on Friday and there were no books. It was a panic trying to find them, but well worth it when seeing all their faces holding the book. The meeting we had to arrange what needed to be done to make this a 'must have' item for all people was punctuated by BIG smiles and happiness all around. It is such a buzz when you get to make someone so happy and see genuine pride in their work. I wish we could bottle the feeling for the times when things were less good.

Today is also very exciting as we have a new person starting work with us full time. Laura loves books and has done some work experience over the last few months and persuaded us to create a more perminant role. This extra help in sorting the 'stuff of books' out again gives the feeling that everything is all going to go well and the pint is half full. Long may it last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home